Introduction to Data Science - Free Course
Coursera now includes an introductory course for Data Science.
It will only start April 2013, by the looks of things.
* Data modeling: relations, key-value, trees, graphs, images, text
* Relational algebra and parallel query processing
* NoSQL systems, key-value stores
* Tradeoffs of SQL, NoSQL, and NewSQL systems
* Algorithm design in Hadoop (and MapReduce in general)
* Basic statistical analysis at scale: sampling, regression
* Introduction to data mining: clustering, association rules, decision trees
* Case studies in analytics: social networking, bioinformatics, text processing